Disqus Commenting System
This week we're going to walk you through adding a commenting system to your site, the easy way!
We're going to be using the 'Disqus Plugin for Joomla' by JoomlaWorks. It's a free plugin that allows visitors to comment on your articles in designed categories and/or menu items using the popular Disqus Comment System.
Here's how set it up:
- Step 1: Visit Disqus.comand sign up for a free account.
- Step 2: Visit JoomlaWorks.gr and download the Disqus for Joomla plugin.
- Step 3: In the administration area of your Joomla site, go to Extensions >> Install / Uninstall and upload the file.
- Step 4: In the administration area of your Joomla site, go to Extensions >> Plugin Manager >> Disqus Comment System for Joomla! (by JoomlaWorks), and add your Disqus subdomain name to the Plugin Paramters (this will be the name you added to the 'short name' field when you set up your Disqus account), assign the categories/menu items you would like to allow comments in, and enable the plugin.
- Step 5: Start adding comments to your site!
There are quite a few other features you can enable, like shared login for Facebook and Twitter, and the ability for visitors to post their comment to their twitter feed, thus taking your commenting system to a 'social networking' level! These features and more can be enabled within the Disqus settings and managed in your account at disqus.com